We are committed to cultivating wild medicinal plants that are currently the most sensitive to the impact of human activities. Our intent is to assure the increasing abundance of the medicinal plants which are currently in decline due to expanding popularity and shrinking habitat and range.
At Possibilitarian Garden, we plant many of the species that United Plant Savers has listed on either their Species ‘At-Risk’ or ‘To Watch’ List. They are the following:
- Bloodroot – Sanguinaria canadensis
- Black Cohosh – Actaea racemosa L.
- Blue Cohosh – Caulophyllum thalictroides
- Echinacea – Echinacea spp.
- Goldenseal – Hydrastis canadensis
- Trillium – Trillium spp.
- Butterfly Weed – Asclepias tuberosa
- Lobelia – Lobelia spp.
- Ramps – Allium tricoccum
Learn more about these plant species and the Species At Risk list here.
We also are committed to planting native species that especially benefit beneficial pollinators.
We will be adding the native species inventory list soon…